In this role you handle process design and analysis. You need to think of conceptual process design, process simulations, heat and material balances, P&ID and PFD development. Your daily routines include, depending your specialty and experience: conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, design calculations and equipment and material specification. As Process Engineer you report to a Lead Process who is responsible for the project you work on. In hierarchy the Process Manager is overall responsible. As Process engineer you thrive for the best end product whether it is engineering, fabrication or construction. Communication with other disciplines is also a big part of the role. Of course you take responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control.
Tasks and responsibilities:
A Process Engineer contributes to many kinds of process engineering activities on the projects like; proposals, estimates and/or work improvement programs. For larger projects, the Process Engineer is supervised by a Lead Process Engineer. For smaller projects, the Process Engineer might function as Lead Process Engineer himself, reporting directly to a Project Manager. As Process Engineer you are busy with many kinds of process calculations, while for more complex matters a Senior Process Engineer or a Process Specialist can asked for help or clarification.
As Process Engineer you might participate in:
- Scheduling and estimating activities.
- Feasibility studies.
- Preparation of basis of design.
- Performing computer calculations, interpretation and optimization.
- Changing of process operating pressures and temperatures, stream analysis and properties and be aware of their role and sensitivity.
- Preparation and maintenance of process flow diagrams, including heat and material balances.
- Preparation and maintenance of mechanical design conditions for process plants.
- Preparation of process and mechanical design specifications of process equipment, lines and instruments.
- Preparation and maintenance of piping and instrument diagrams, participation or lead in screening meetings and communications with other disciplines to verify and ensure that process requirements are well understood and properly taken care of by all concerned.
- Preparation and maintenance of utility balances and diagrams.
- Preparation and maintenance of hydrostatic test diagrams and systems.
- BSc or MSc chemical engineering degree.
- Familiar with process design and unit operations.
- Knowledge of the English and Dutch language.
- Updated in use of calculation and process software.
Prepared to visit site when needed.
This position is for a EPC contractor.